[wp-hackers] WordPress 3.0.3

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Wed Dec 8 21:06:22 UTC 2010

I think it should be an option that is disabled by default.  Then, if/when a
security/maintenance fix is published we could expose an "install future
maintenance releases automatically" option in the UI if it's not already
enabled.  This way, it's highly unlikely someone who doesn't know what
they're doing will turn it on by mistake.

The Wordpress => WordPress filter is a filter ... meaning it's an
API/feature change.  Filters, hooks, etc wouldn't be included in
security/maintenance releases, only major ones.