[wp-hackers] categories: infinite recursion

Raphaël raphael.droz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 11:58:36 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 01:41:13PM +0200, scribu wrote:
> 2010/12/7 Raphaël <raphael.droz at gmail.com>
>
> > Hi,
> > I searched Trac but, surprisingly I can not find any trace of a report
> > there but I'm hundred-percent sure it has been reported before:
> >
> > - Create category A.
> > - Create category B, subcategory of A
> > - Set B as parent of A.
> >
> > get_category() calls _get_children() which recurse infinitely.
> > It is obvious but the GUI should not allow this kind of things.
> > (or, maybe better, _get_children() should be given a static stack
> > storing ID and ignoring those already in it)
> >
> > Does a human-search-engine can point me to the place it has been
> > discussed ?
> >

> This should no longer be a problem in 3.1-beta.
>
> See http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14662

Thank you !

As a side note, digging around I found the following (old) :
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7267

So shouldn't this changeset:
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/8299
been affected also (use of wp_check_term_hierarchy_for_loops())
instead of $visited ? (I'm not quite sure anyway)

Raph