[wp-hackers] InnoDB

Brian Layman bulk at thecodecave.com
Sat Dec 4 17:53:07 UTC 2010

Agreed.  Your method for conversion should work fine if you drop the
full text searches first.   There are various trade-offs between InnoDB
and MyISAM. You need to choose the one that meets your requirement best.

I can confirm that you convert MU installs with hundreds of blogs
without a problem.  Just make sure you watch your resources while you
are doing it. Running both InnoDB and MyISAM database engines will
obviously take up more memory, but that's easy to forget.  You're using
two sets of buffers and logs et al. So when you switch over, you may
want to switch all databases over.

Brian Layman
ehermitsinc.com