[wp-hackers] Page Templates vs Category Templates

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 03:42:53 UTC 2010

>>It strikes me that perhaps the question you are really asking is: why do
Theme developers bundle various Page templates, but don't likewise bundle
various Category templates?

Yes. Thanks for hitting it on the dot.

>> There are many reasons, but the most prominent
one is probably that a publicly released Theme isn't likely to know in
advance what categories will be used by any given user.

Well, semantically speaking I do not see a difference...
Obviously page layouts do not go thru that mental challenge. After
all, all they provide layout options
such as

SB SB C
SB C
C SB
large SB, medium SB, C
C, small SB, small SB

They obviously do not care or worry about what the end-user be doing
with those columns. So I can't really connect to your explanation of