[wp-hackers] Subject: change siteurl at DB level

David McDonald info at davidmcdonald.org
Tue Aug 24 23:52:59 UTC 2010

Yes, serialised data needs to be taken into account when changing the
site URL in a WP database.
This most likely is the cause of missing widgets, as I have found some
of the widget data to be serialised.

This script enables a search & replace including serialised data:

 http://spectacu.la/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/

I have used it numerous times and from my experience it works very well.

Regards,

David McDonald
Web Designer, Developer and Consultant

http://www.davidmcdonald.org/info