[wp-hackers] Custom post type & hierarchical

Michael Clark dc153464a11bcf5aeb18180db28017fb.wp-hackers at planetmike.com
Sun Aug 22 11:39:46 UTC 2010

Good morning everyone,

Looking through trac I found that when you set up a hierarchical
custom_post_type, you have to flush the rewrite rules. From
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13490 :

"After registering a post type, you need to flush the rewrite rules
in order for the new rules to take effect, This is probably whats
caught you, you've set it up first without the hierarchical flag set,
then changed it, which has enabled the UI, but the rules are still
only for non-hierarchical."

I added this code to the bottom of my function create_my_post_types()
and all is good now.
	global $wp_rewrite;
	$wp_rewrite->flush_rules(false);

Many thanks for your help. Mike