[wp-hackers] get_posts and custom post types

Simon Blackbourn piemanek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 14:59:00 UTC 2010

I'm currently using get_posts on several sites to retrieve custom post
types.

But I've just noticed that in the parameters section of the Codex page for
get_posts [1], a big bunch of text has been struck through and replaced with
this new message:

*get_posts() only works with posts of the post_type "post". It will produce
unexpected results when used to retrieve custom post types or pages.*

I have not personally noticed any problems, so can anyone expand on what
issues may arise?

Thanks
Simon

[1]