[wp-hackers] Removing WordPress Multisite data

Diana Thompson likethegoddess at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 03:33:13 UTC 2010

In trying to fully remove a Multisite Network, I found this thread
http://www.listware.net/201007/wordpress-hackers/67557-wp-hackers-removing-wordpress-multisite-data.html

I dropped the six tables indicated in Andrew Nacin's response, the seventh
not present in my install. Although this removed the Network (thanks,
Andrew), WP still knows there previously was a Network and will allow only a
sub-domain Multisite. The web host used doesn't allow wildcard subdomains,
so I'll need to keep sub-directory structure.

On wp-admin/network.php under Network Details:

Sub-domain Install: Because your install is not new, the sites in your
WordPress network must use sub-domains. *The main site in a sub-directory
install will need to use a modified permalink structure, potentially
breaking existing links.*

Any ideas?

Diana

--