[wp-hackers] Prevent Writing to .htaccess

John Sessford john at ikailo.com
Thu Aug 5 03:20:09 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've encountered a road-block with .htaccess / Rewrite Rules. Hoping someone
here can assist.

Two issues:

1. .htaccess is flushed whenever '/wp-admin/options-permalink.php' is
loaded. It strikes me as strange that this would execute prior to action
from the user.

2. I require a method to prevent .htaccess from being flushed even when
"Save Changes" is clicked. I don't see a viable hook anywhere that can
control whether or not to write .htaccess. In my case the Rewrite Rules
should still be written to the database though. Making .htaccess read-only
is one method, but one can't always rely on users to do this.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
John Sessford