[wp-hackers] Let's create a WordPress hosting cooperative

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Wed Aug 4 18:22:29 UTC 2010

Holamigos,

This list is filled with brilliant people hosting WordPress sites.
Keeping sites up to date, secure, backed up, and so on. Let's come
together and share some of that work to make all our lives easier, much
like co-created free software makes our lives easier.

Here's the 30 second version:

Let's form a group of co-cooperators who communally host WordPress
sites. We charge for customer sites and we split any extra expense
between the member sites. We start small, a couple of servers maybe. As
time goes one, we might expand our operations to provide a distributed,
load balanced, highly available hosting cluster, who knows.

To start with, instead of updating 10 or 20 sites every time WordPress
or a plugin is updated, update 50 or 100 every so often with a set of
automated shell tools.

If you're interested, I invite you to join the discussion here:
http://www.callum-macdonald.com/?p=2189

Love and light - Callum.