[wp-hackers] pre_get_posts problem

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Tue Aug 3 22:54:54 UTC 2010

On Aug 3, 2010, at 6:26 PM, Angelia Baladon wrote:
> I see that Justin Tadlock has updated his post regarding the use of
> pre_get_posts and the code is now:
>
> add_filter( 'pre_get_posts', 'customtype_get_posts' );
> function customtype_get_posts( $query ) {
>    if ( is_author() && false == $query->query_vars['suppress_filters'] )
>        $query->set( 'post_type', array( 'post', 'howto', 'lesson' ,'attachment' ) );
>    return $query;
> }

Why that works is that the nav_menu_items query suppresses filters.  Unfortunately it will still be global for the author page so if, for example you had a widget that displayed only "lessons" in the sidebar the above would cause your widget to display posts, howtos, lessons and attachments in its widget.

Ah the downside of global scoping...

-Mike