[wp-hackers] Time for a wp_post_relationships table?

Daniel Cameron dan at sproutventure.com
Tue Aug 3 16:19:24 UTC 2010

> My point is that posts should connect to terms, and relate to other
> posts by virtue of having the same terms in a taxonomy, even across
> post-type  boundaries. This is a much more flexible way of connecting
> posts to other posts based on specific shared characteristics.

We've approached one of latest projects with this exact method and I'm glad
we did because a post-meta option was a possible option.

We have about 10 post-types and a single taxonomy called 'nexus' that allows
us to connect any of our posts with each other. The purpose for the
connections is to build a custom menu of affiliated/associated posts. Also,
since we're using simple post titles for terms I've built a function that
uses wp_set_object_terms to automatically create the first affiliation on
publish.

If you want to know more I'm willing to share but it seems as though this
conversation is already heading in the right direction ( IMO ).

[ I invested too much time reading this thread to not comment a +1 :) ]