[wp-hackers] Why always absolute paths?

Bumbu Alex bmbalex at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 11:46:29 UTC 2010

if you use sef url and you'll give relative path for the image (ex.
images/top.jpg)

so on page _http://page.com/ you'll have src to _
http://page.com/images/top.jpg
and on page _http://page.com/last-news/ you''l have src  _
http://page.com/last-news/images/top.jpg

so you can observe that browser will look into different paths for the same
image

-----------------
you can use such src as /images/top.jpg and for the above examples you'll
have tha same link _http://page.com/images/top.jpg
but when somebody will have WP installed in subdirectory, but he will use
default template, instead of getting
_http://page.com/blog/images/top.jpg
he will have
_http://page.com/images/top.jpg

=========

so only using absolute path is friendly for all cases

p.s. when I am doing my templates(for any CMS) I try to include all possible
images through css, so usually I have no images, or few of them (I am
speaking about images from template but not from posts)