[wp-hackers] Thumbnail settings when editing image

Patrik Bóna patrik.bona at mrhead.sk
Fri Apr 16 13:22:42 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Currently when i am editing image and there is no thumbnail size
generated for it then thumbnail box is not shown and i  can not create
new thumbnail for example with crop feature.

If you are editing image with generated thumbnail it is working as
expected and you can change just thumbnail.

I have site with a lot of images (custom post types) and i don't want to
create some "general" thumbnails for each of them because i don't need
them. I need custom image sizes for each of my post type (posts,
pictures, videos...) and no general sizes from settings -> media.

So if i turn it off  in settings -> media then i am not able to
additionally create thumbnail when editing image.

Do you have any idea how can i make som workaround for it ?

What do you think about this ? I would like to have possibility to
create thumbnail when editing image even if currently there is no
thumbnail generated for image.

Also it would be great to be able generate any custom image size while
editing image...

Best regards

Patrik