[wp-hackers] Easier Staging <-> Production Deploy & Move Wordpress GSoC

Matthew Nolin mnolin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 16:40:20 UTC 2010

Hey everyone, I'm looking for easier staging <-> production deploys/grabs. I've suggested this on the core trac (http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12865) and a member said it may be a good fit for GSoC & further development in the ideas forums.

Some posts in the idea forums on the same subject have come up and been closed around the same concept, http://wordpress.org/extend/ideas/topic/system-to-manage-work-between-staging-and-production-servers#post-156 and http://wordpress.org/extend/ideas/topic/easier-migration-from-developmentstaging-to-production#post-15022 (that it doesn't fit in core development).

I was wondering if anyone knew about the Move Wordpress GSoC concept (http://codex.wordpress.org/GSoC2010#Move_WordPress_.2813.29)? I think that it would fit within much of what is being done with this project and even if it wasn't added as a direct goal, some forward thinking in the development could make additional work on it much easier.

-Matt