[wp-hackers] [GSOC2010]WPmove [wpurl] tag replace

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Apr 8 18:07:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Piyush Mishra <admin at oxymaniac.com> wrote:
> neat :) this helps in working for data now but what about the [wpurl] tag
> thing?

Since you asked, I proposed something similar in trac a while back,
for different reasons:
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11394#comment:20

I would prefer something like contenturl, pluginurl, themeurl,
homeurl, siteurl, for the various URLs used throughout WordPress. Each
of these functions is basically a one-liner, actually. Here's the
entirety of the [homeurl] shortcode, for example:

add_action('homeurl', create_function('', 'return home_url();'));

Actually going through the content and replacing URLs with known
shortcodes might not be the greatest way to go about things, however.
But making it default to use them for that sort of thing, sure.

-Otto