[wp-hackers] GSOC prososal - Increase Accessibility

sutharshan balachandren sutharshan02 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 01:48:52 UTC 2010

I'm interested in participating in the gsoc this year. Therefore
I'm submitting my ideas regarding the wp plugins.

Most of the websites have two different web pages for mobile browers and for
Normal browsers.
when i access my blog through my mobile phone its still the same page, had
more difficulties in accessing pages and specially administration area. Also
javascript is not working in the mobile phone as well.

What I'm suggesting is that by having two different interfaces for both
Normal and mobile browsers will be very usefull for all websites. Therefore
by providing this feature in wp, will give more benifits to all the users,
since most of the people are now using mobile browsers due to the tight work
schedule.

Expected benifits
-----------------
1. Website can be accessed in any mobile phones without any difficulties
2. Easy and simplified interface without any javascript.
3. Will increase the amount of visitors of the website by 15%
4. Blog from anywhere (using mobiles)
5. Speed access. (Since basic functionalities are included in the mobile
site)
6. Increase the accessibility for mobile viewers as well.

Accessibility is the most important for any website to be better among other
website. Therefore it will benifit more for all the users who are using wp.

Its just my opinion. Give your suggestions to enhance the idea and guide me
to make a proper idea for the gsoc.

Thank you.

--
with love