[wp-hackers] wp_nav_menu too simplistic?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Apr 6 17:46:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 12:35 PM, John O'Nolan <john.wp at onolan.org> wrote:
> Yes, I'm suggesting that less is more. It's a strange concept, I know.

Less would be more, if less was expandable. That's the general
WordPress way, to create frameworks and let other people fill in those
gaps.

> Most people populate a navigation menu once when they build a site and about
> once a year after that. It's really not the huge deal you're making it out
> to be.

It's a step backwards in functionality, and yes, I think it is a big
deal. Especially since it seems extremely limited in scope and
non-expandable to boot.

> Better yet, if you hate the way the current menus work so
> much, why not write some code that you think is an improvement?

That's exactly what I have been trying to do, and that is why I was
ASKING these questions. I'm pretty sure I said 'Is it even possible to
expand the types of menu items with plugins?" If you don't know these
answers, then why are you responding at all?

-Otto