[wp-hackers] WP Update Problems

John Bloch jbloch at olympianetworks.com
Mon Apr 5 23:30:20 UTC 2010

Unfortunately, increasing the memory limit in php.ini (phpinfo shows it as
updated) only prolongs the time it takes the update to fail and throw the
same error with a larger number. The line number and file in which it hits
the limit are always the same too. I increased the memory limit to half of
the server's RAM, and that didn't do anything new. I'm going to call the
hosting providers tomorrow.

I tested this process on Godaddy linux shared hosting and it worked within
seconds. So it's definitely the server.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.

John P. Bloch

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Evil ZEN Scientist <ezs at evilzenscientist.com