[wp-hackers] hooks & future posts

James Collins james at om4.com.au
Sun Sep 20 23:52:03 UTC 2009

Hi Matt,
The default for add_action() / add_filter() is that it will pass 1 argument
to your function unless otherwise specified. So if you just do:

add_action('action_name', 'do_stuff');

Then do_stuff() will have be sent a single argument.

If the filter/action requires more than 1 argument, then you must manually
specify it like you've done:

add_action('action_name', 'do_stuff', 10, 3);

Regards,

James Collins

OM4 - Website Design and Development
OM4.com.au | OM4Tourism.com