[wp-hackers] Child themes, and DB options

ravi ravi-lists at g8o.net
Thu Sep 17 19:28:28 UTC 2009

On Sep 17, 2009, at 1:27 PM, Otto wrote:

> TEMPLATEPATH is the path to the parent theme directory. Always.

Ah! I got misled by this bit in the Codex:

=======

<?php get_sidebar('right'); ?>
Causes the template TEMPLATEPATH . 'sidebar-right.php' to be
included. ...

=======

 From the above, I assumed that TEMPLATEPATH would point to the child
theme directory (so that template PHP files -- e.g: sidebar-right.php
-- get picked up from the child).

Thank you for the correction Otto, and the advice Otto and Tynan.

	--ravi