[wp-hackers] Theme updates and generated files

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Sep 11 14:12:37 UTC 2009

For a user-supplied CSS then a child theme is the way to go,
If its however a theme-generated content item, better location is
wp-content/ or the uploads folder.

The uploads folder is the only location you can trust to be writable
really too, the fact that some (if not most) shared hosts allow PHP to
write to its current directory cannot be relied upon.