[wp-hackers] 404 Pages displaying as blank

leon.ash at tawnylion.com leon.ash at tawnylion.com
Thu Sep 3 11:34:04 UTC 2009

Apologies if this is either a new thread or multiple mails. I haven't used
a mailing list for a couple of years.

I'm unable to access my hosted files from my current location so can't
remove the redirection. Will be able to do so in about 5-6 hours and will
report outcome here. If you wanted to 'see' what I have I have done a
'vanilla' install at preview.tawnylion.com that is currently configured to
/%postname% as permalinks and the 'default' redirection of

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

If my memory serves me right with a default install, using the default
configured to a custom error page of /index.php?error=404.

With redirection as described it displays blank as it 'dies' somewhere
whilst processing the 404.php file