[wp-hackers] WordPress Bike Shed Mailing List

Matt Martz matt at sivel.net
Thu Oct 22 13:03:32 UTC 2009

I've got this great idea.  My idea is to create a wp-bikeshed mailing
list so that all of you on this list have a place to argue endlessly
and never come to any decisions, without disrupting everyone's inboxes
with your pointless spam.

I realise you all may think you are helping move the project along but
in the end what you are doing is pushing the people who contribute the
most to WordPress off of this mailing list.  It seems like at least
once a year a user starts a flame war and I and many others end up
leaving the list because of this type of discussion, to only come back
sometime later and find the same thing happening again.  If you want
to help move the project along write a patch and submit it.  If there
are enough people who want it in core it will likely go in.  Arguing
endlessly and never coming to a decision and never acting upon what
you want is absolutely maddening.

I just want to write the damn patch and submit it so you people will
stop making my phone ding every 3 seconds to find out it is a reply to
one of these pointless conversations.

Anyway, that is my idea.  Anyone like it?  Anyone from Automattic want
to make my dream a realisation?

--
Matt Martz
matt at sivel.net