[wp-hackers] WordPress as CMS (was: wordpress security)

ErisDS erisds at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 12:41:15 UTC 2009

I think the plugin is a great idea, but to make it truly useful it should
have settings which allow you to choose what you do and do not want to turn
off.

For example, I have several sites setup that use Wordpress as a CMS,
legitimately use the blog as a news section, but don't use comments.
Therefore being able to turn off the comments, but not the posts would also
be useful.

Wordpress might be first and foremost an excellent piece of blog software,
but it's excellence means that it is also one of the best CMS solutions
currently on the market. It's extensibility is one of the key features, so
why not extend it to not be a blog anymore?!