[wp-hackers] Taxnomy Q: All categories (posts>0) with posts in term X of another taxonomy

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Thu Oct 22 10:23:21 UTC 2009

Hi All,
I'm looking for a function which I'm pretty sure isnt offered by
WordPress's Taxonomy system, Yet it seems to be something a few people
might need.. So i'm putting a call out to see if anyone has any ideas?
(ie. pre-written code they'd like to share..)

What i'm basically wanting, Is to find out the list of categories with
posts > 0 which exist in term X of another taxonomy..

An example, Would be, Find all categories with more than 0 posts which are
contained within the tag 'SomeTag'

I'm certain theres a easy SQL for this, But I dont really have the time to
dive into it right now.. And caching would also be an issue (Given this is
a list that'll be displayed on every page load, I'll probably just
transient the results..)

Any thoughts or hints from anyone to save me some time?

Cheers
Dion Hulse

e: contact at dd32.id.au
w: http://dd32.id.au