[wp-hackers] static websites - was: wordpress security

mccormicky mccormicky at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 23:47:00 UTC 2009

Maybe Otto meant that sites that stay stagnant for a long time shouldn't be
built with WP for security reasons because admins aren't going to log in
often enough to keep them safe and current with the latest WP releases?

I can't speak for him but this is my opinion:
I think moving your backlog of static html pages into WP makes a lot of
sense because you can have such easy access to them via the WP dashboard if
you ever need to add a new Page or edit an already published Page.

And you can use Posts and put %postname%.html as the permalink (works on
Posts) you'll get http://domain/dir/postname.html
or use the plugin .html on pages  you'll get
http://domain/dir/pagename.htmland you won't have to deal with
redirects.

I've been able to keep my clients very happy transferring mainly static
sites to WP -- never had a complaint yet!