[wp-hackers] WordPress as CMS (was: wordpress security)

Mike Little mike at zed1.com
Wed Oct 21 20:33:58 UTC 2009

2009/10/21 Stephen Rider <wp-hackers at striderweb.com>

> [edited for clarity]
> Note:  This email repeats a lot of things I said in another email, for the
> benefit of those who are not following the Security thread.  For those who
> *are* following that thread, please skim to the bottom, as I pose a new and
> separate question from the security issues discussed elsewhere....
>
> ---
>

> The Big Question:  What would a "CMS" plugin have to do?  Posts and
> comments are woven throughout the Admin, and I'd like to remove all aspects
> of them from the menus.  My "to do" list is below -- if I'm missing
> something, or if you have advice as to how to do some of this, I would
> appreciate.

Stephen,

Take a look at a plugin like Adminize
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/adminimize/

which allows you turn do things like turn off the posts menu for individual
levels of user, and turn off lots of other things at a fairly fine-grained
level.

You can also use the translation capability to 'translate' the names of
things into something else. I know of one person who simply created a
language pack that changed all references to 'post' to be 'news' or
something similar.

Mike
--
Mike Little