[wp-hackers] jQuery Error in IE but not FF

Mike Walsh mpwalsh8 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 18:45:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Mike Walsh <mpwalsh8 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll see if I can figure out how to post it, you may have to look at
> the whole theme to see the problem.  I am pretty sure it is on my end
> because this jQuery UI demo works and my code is based on this demo.
>
> http://jqueryui.com/demos/droppable/#photo-manager
>
> Mike

I resolved my problem this afternoon.  It still isn't clear to me why
it worked in FireFox at all after finding the problem.

I had embedded the value of a PHP variable in my Javascript code and
there was a typo in the PHP variable name:

$item.animate({ width: '<?php echo $thumbnail_width . "px" ?>'
}).find('img').animate({ height: '<?php echo $thumbnail_height . "px"
?>' })

I had mispelled "thumbnail" as "thunbmail".  So my problem is solved
and I am on to the next issue!

Mike

Mike Walsh - mpwalsh at gmail.com