[wp-hackers] wordpress security

Sharon Chambers sharon at BrewerRadio.com
Fri Oct 16 14:51:00 UTC 2009

AFAIK, we were running the latest version of Wordpress.  I upgrade routinely whenever there's a new version.  And we've since changed all DB and FTP passwords; we'll update the admin passwords when the site comes back up.  I realize nothing's fool-proof when it comes to internet security.

Just to be clear, I wasn't bashing Wordpress security; I merely wanted the advice of the people I've come to respect here when it comes to Wordpress.  And my hosting provider knows jack squat about the problem (as per usual--she actually suggested that I had an incompatible theme and I needed to disable that folder via FTP), so it appears the earlier mention of them blaming Wordpress as a last resort seems reasonable.

As always, downtime gives you those few hours to contemplate security more than you have in the past year...just wanted to make sure I covered all my bases.

Thanks,
-Sharon