[wp-hackers] Rewrite API: add_base() ?

Eric Martin emartin24 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 15:53:39 UTC 2009

On Oct 4, 8:54 pm, "Dion Hulse (dd32)" <wordpr... at dd32.id.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 09:11:22 +1100, Eric Martin <emarti... at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I see this function on the codex[1], but can't find it in the code.
> > Just curious if the codex is old/incorrect or if I am missing
> > something ;)
>
> > [1]http://codex.wordpress.org/Rewrite_API#add_base.28.29
>
> By the future tense of the writing there, seems to suggest that was a
> initial draft of what the Rewrite API should become..

In looking at the codex page history, it definitely seems to have been
written before implementation. It looks like specific "base" variables
were used (category_base, tag_base, etc.) instead of a more abstracted
add_base() function.

> I'm pretty sure theres no API to add what you're after though, Your best
> bet is to use add_rewrite_rule('/my-base/([^/]+)/?', 'inde.... I think

Thanks. So, are there any objections to removing the add_base()
section from the Rewrite API codex?

--
Eric Martin
http://www.ericmmartin.com