[wp-hackers] get_post() not fetching from post cache after update_post_caches()

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Oct 2 13:49:06 UTC 2009

You shouldn't need to call update_post_caches, as the
WP_Query->query() function does that automatically anyway. query.php,
line 2359 (or thereabouts).

As for the rest, I don't know. The get_post function should indeed
check the cache first.

Call global $wp_object_cache; $wp_object_cache->stats(); to see the
contents of the cache before and after each call. Might help you with
debugging.

-Otto
Sent from Memphis, TN, United States