[wp-hackers] Putting post into /blog/

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sun Nov 29 01:21:56 UTC 2009

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 11:44:57 +1100, Mike Schinkel
<mikeschinkel at newclarity.net> wrote:

> On Nov 28, 2009, at 7:47 PM, Dion Hulse (dd32) wrote:
>> Just remember that setting Categories and Tags is optional, Its
>> auomatically done, UNLESS you change the stubs to a custom value. ie.
>> blogs/section
>
> Not sure I follow what you mean by "setting."  Do you mean that the
> slugs are set automatically, but they wouldn't be set to blog/category
> unless I explicitly set them?

By default, The Category and Tag stubs are blank, This means WordPress
will fill them in automatically.

If the posts page is the front of the blog (as standard), It prefixes the
category stub with Homeurl:
<HOME>/category/<CAT SLUG>/ - http://dd32.id.au/category/test/

If the posts page is set to a custom page, It prefixed the category stub
with the pages Permalink:
<PAGE PERMALINK>/category/<CAT SLUG>/ -
http://dd32.id.au/blog/category/test/

IF you set the 'category' stub to 'section' (As i do occasionally), Then
WordPress uses that specifically, Eg:
<HOME>/<STUB>/<CAT SLUG> - Even if you set the posts page to a page
(/blog/)

So, That means, If you set the sub to somehing, then you need hte full
link, ie. Stub = 'blog/section', To allow for what you would "Expect".

(Sorry, Send keyboard shortcut activated while typing..)