[wp-hackers] Putting post into /blog/

Demetris kikizas at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 18:29:57 UTC 2009

I have a question that goes one step further than the original
question.  I know that a permalink structure like:

/journal/%post_id%

... works.  (I’ve used it.)

Now, say that I want to use a static page for “Front Page”.  So, in
Settings › Reading I select a Page, e.g. my About page, as “Front
Page”

Then I make a new page to use as “Posts Page”:

http://example.com/journal

Notice that the slug of my “Posts Page” is exactly the same as the
first part of my permalink structure: “journal”.  I did that on
purpose, because I want the same name for both.

This scheme SEEMS to work in a test setup:

http://example.com/ ‹ My static About page

http://example.com/journal ‹ My posts in reverse chronology

http://example.com/journal/1 ‹ My first post.

http://example.com/journal/category/foo ‹ Posts in the category Foo

etc. etc.

Is there some reason NOT to use such a setup?

Thanks for reading,

Demetris
http://op111.net/