[wp-hackers] Plugin activation/deactivation and testing?

mark waterous mark at watero.us
Fri Nov 20 03:49:09 UTC 2009

> Just a quick comment .. one very common recommendation on the forums
> when people have problems upgrading is to deactivate all plugins, try
> the automatic upgrade, then re-activate the plugins.
>
> Therefore the deactivation hook should not destroy any tables ..

That didn't even cross my mind! I think it would be best if I removed my
deactivation hook immediately in favor of register_uninstall_hook as scribu
suggested, along with making it a prominent feature on the options page,
part of the readme... at least then if some people wind up with remnants, I
can say I tried. ;)

--
Mark Waterous
http://mark.watero.us/