[wp-hackers] Sidebar ID Naming Problems

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 21:05:44 UTC 2009

Charles,

I think the first thing you should do is make it so that register_sidebar()
doesn't allow sidebars that display_sidebar() can't find.

Or, if it's worth it, make display_sidebar() find all sidebars.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Jeremy Clarke <jer at simianuprising.com>wrote:

> Yikes! Whatever the solution is, I'd just like to add a request for a
> 'description' setting for sidebars. Somewhere you could put a couple
> lines of text explaining what/where the sidebar is for/showing, so
> that if lots of sidebars are defined you don't have to put tons of
> info  in the title field. If this is available somehow and I'm missing
> it please let me know :)

An optional description for each sidebar would be really useful for heavily
widgetized themes. However, I don't know where one could find the screen
space to fit it in.

--
http://scribu.net