[wp-hackers] SEO, How to turn off paged comments for search engine crawlers?

William Canino william.canino at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 12 22:38:03 UTC 2009

8th: Add <link rel="canonical" href="main permalink" /> to the <head>
of pages with older comments.

Number 8 solves the duplication and pagerank dilution issues (Thanks
Mike), but the big G may ignore indexing the comments altogether ....
that's why I thought of using Mike's idea:

>> Mike, I think your suggestion is already implemented by the SEO Super
>> Comments<http://www.prelovac.com/vladimir/wordpress-plugins/seo-super-comments>plugin.

Thank you to scribu and to Mike ... and to Vladimir Prelovac.  My
comments now appear in individual pages as if they are posts (
http://blog.com/comment/999 casted from single.php ) and everything
looks very promising!  :)

My only hitch now is that my comments RSS feed still points to the
format http://permalink#comment-id .  Unfortunately, WordPress has no
filter hook inside get_comment_link() or comment_link().