[wp-hackers] Blank screen during WP installation

mccormicky mccormicky at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 15:56:14 UTC 2009

Can I just ask what information did you enter when the installation page
asked you for a db name, user and host?
Does your host allow you to create databases---just not use them?
Seems to me if a potential user can't use mysql
 (if they can't have mysql chances are they can't have php,either)
and the requirements of WP are PHP+mysql
what you are proposing is  unnecessary....
The first thing you do before installing software is check to see if you
have the correct environment or system to support it.