[wp-hackers] Username Madness

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Tue Nov 3 19:11:51 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 1:35 PM, William Canino
<william.canino at googlemail.com> wrote:
> The next superfluous is user_login, if we go rewrite our installation
> wizard and registration forms to ask and use the URL-safe nicename to
> be the user's login name for WordPress.

Yeah, that's definitely something weird. Am I the only person who
finds it very strange that WP allows capitalization in its login
names? What use is that? Should one site really be allowed to have a
login for "jeremy" and "Jeremy"?

--
Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org