[wp-hackers] Adding an output buffer callback

William Canino william.canino at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:24:31 UTC 2009

> I reviewed the various GA plugins and saw that they only run their
> preg_match_replace inside a filter hook on the_content, the_excerpt
> and comment_text.  This means they don't track outbound links on the
> theme, the widgets, and the output of plugins.

Michael, "Ultimate Google Analytics",  "WP Google Analytics" and the
"Google Analytics for WordPress" plugins all use preg_match_replace
and do overwrite onclicks.  Meanwhile, "Google Analyticator" uses
jQuery.click().  Finally, Sylvestre's "Google Analytics" doesn't track
outbound links.  These are all the GA plugins out there.

Thank you for your help, guys. Google Analyticator solves all my
concerns.  Thank you, Spiral Web Consulting.

Almost all = I need to tweak it to track my feed clicks.