[wp-hackers] Accessibility of WP back end

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Fri May 1 18:26:00 GMT 2009

That is good to know. Jeremy: I have read that some of the dynamic
update things could be difficult for (blind) screen reader users. How
does your blind author like the Tags section, when he adds a tag and
it appears? Can he use the X buttons to delete the tags?

In any case, blindness is not the only issue. From the introduction to
the WCAG guidelines (http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WAI-WEBCONTENT-19990505/):

     * They may not be able to see, hear, move, or may not be able to
process some types of information easily or at all.
     * They may have difficulty reading or comprehending text.
     * They may not have or be able to use a keyboard or mouse.
     * They may have a text-only screen, a small screen, or a slow
Internet connection.
     * They may not speak or understand fluently the language in which
the document is written.
     * They may be in a situation where their eyes, ears, or hands are
busy or interfered with (e.g., driving to work, working in a loud
environment, etc.).
     * They may have an early version of a browser, a different
browser entirely, a voice browser, or a different operating system.

    --Jennifer

ps: I filed a bug on the JS issues.
    http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9698

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com