[wp-hackers] Share user tables, "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 27 11:27:51 GMT 2009

Hi all,

Doing something pretty basic but its not working...

I have WP installed as usual, with a 'wp_' table prefix. I've just installed
WP again into the same db, with a different prefix, and added the following
to its wp-config.php:

define('CUSTOM_USER_TABLE', 'wp_users');
define('CUSTOM_USER_META_TABLE', 'wp_usermeta');

However, when I try to log in I get the infamous message:
"You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."
I've seen a few discussions about this in wp-hackers archives...but no
solutions! Any ideas guys?
Cheers,
Alex