[wp-hackers] Uneasy over the Walkers

Simon Wheatley simon at sweetinteraction.com
Thu Mar 26 19:52:16 GMT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Joost de Valk <joost at yoast.com> wrote:

> no need, you can simply do a callback:
>
> <?php wp_list_comments('type=comment&callback=yoast_comment'); ?>
>
> the callback function can look like this:
>
> function yoast_comment($comment, $args, $depth) {
>    $GLOBALS['comment'] = $comment;
>    comment_text();
> }

Well that's better than overriding a class, etc, as I'd assumed;
however it's still not as simple as modifying single.php or most of
the other templates, also with the new threaded commenting the
callback function would need to be fairly complex... I know I'm
moaning, and I know this is recursive and relatively complex code, but
do you see where I'm coming from? Maybe I should stop going on as I
don't have a code solution for this.

---
Sweet Interaction Ltd is Registered in England/Wales, no. 6610741
Registered office: 7 Malton Av, Manchester, M21 8AT