[wp-hackers] (no subject)

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Mar 24 17:12:43 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 7:50 AM, Sigit Dewanto
<sigitdewanto11 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback. The differences between category template and my idea are:
>
> 1. In the category template, a post's theme will be determined by it's category. In my idea, an interface will related to many category, for example Web Programming interface will related to these categories: XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, JSP, AJAX, etc. (the relation between interface and category is one to many).

It seems to me like this is just custom category templates, and
perhaps a bit of in_category messing about in the single post
template. All theme work, in other words.

> 2. Every interface will have it's own feed.

All categories already have their own feed. For example:
http://sigit.web.ugm.ac.id/category/wordpress/feed/

> 3. The guests can still visit the blog as a whole. All posts will be displayed with theme that selected for interface Whole if a guest visit the blog as a whole. The guests can still visit every interface in the blog using subdomain or subdirectory, but they can also visit the blog as a whole by using main domain. In short, an interface is a subblog, which consists of posts within certain category/categories.

Seems to me like the simplest way to execute your idea would be to
make a category.php file with a big if (is_category(x)) type of
structure in it, which them provides a different view/look/feel to
that category archive. Similar work in the single.php provides the
same sort of thing.

-Otto