[wp-hackers] Plugin Author Best Practices?

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 19:47:06 GMT 2009

On 20 Mar 2009, at 19:40, Simon Wheatley wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Simon Wheatley
>> <simon at sweetinteraction.com> wrote:
>>> I'd be interested in any way of getting my scripts and CSS cached
>>> by the
>>> Gears powered Turno feature; anyone?
>>
>> Can't be done without modifying core files.
>>

> I did some digging and I came to the same conclusion... oh well.
> Shame though.

It is a bit of a shame.

I don't know the exact reason why it is built up the way it is without
including most of the core WordPress files so as to allow plugin hooks
etc.

I think it would be interesting to see if there is a technical reason
(apart from speed) that this file is not more dynamic - I guess that
is a question for Andrew and I hope he will pipe up)

It is one of the files that doesn't read like poetry to me ;-)

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5