[wp-hackers] Plugin Author Best Practices?

baker god.dreams at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:33:42 GMT 2009

I've written a few small plugins, but I'm looking for the "best practices" -
Google gives some results, but no doubt some on the list may have written
articles/posts/email threads that fall in line with this ideology but not
match the wording.

I'm looking in terms of:
Best methods of hooking in your JS/CSS (I remember an email thread awhile
ago about plugin authors doing it improperly, but I can't turn it up - yet).
Best ways to interface with the admin panel
Cacheing/giving the user control on CSS/JS

Any pointers, tips, links appreciated.

Thanks!

Keith Baker
grand central: 614.654.4296
cell: 937.206.3795
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/keithbaker
twitter: http:/www.twitter.com/ikeif
blog: http://ikeif.net

Rita Rudner  - "Before I met my husband, I'd never fallen in love. I'd
stepped in it a few times."