[wp-hackers] Thanks for being a part of my life

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Tue Mar 17 17:31:25 GMT 2009

Fuck yeah. +1 for that thought. As the other Jeremy I have to say WP
got me in and its the reason everything is going the right way. Maybe
it could have been another PHP app but I have no evidence that
anything else is even close to as cool.

jer

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 4:57 AM, Jeremy Visser <jeremy.visser at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just now, as I was browsing through my old Utilities folder on my file
> server, I stumbled across this little gem:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 jeremy users 364970 2005-05-18 21:25 wordpress-1.5.1.zip
>
> The zip file is dated 18th of May, 2005. Yes, it means I haven't cleaned
> out my downloads since 2005.
>
> That's the day I first downloaded WordPress, and discovered the joy that
> it is. It was love at first sight, and WP 2.7 brings me closer to the
> same "magic" I felt in 1.5.1 than any release between 2.0 and 2.6 did.
>
> I would like to take this opportunity thank everyone who made WordPress
> what it is today, and what it means to me.
>
> WordPress has improved my writing skills, made me new friends, taught me
> about open source software development, given me PHP/MySQL coding
> skills, given me jobs, and welcomed me as part of its community. It
> means a lot to me.
>
> I know I haven't been active lately, but that's because of study. I
> still feel a personal attachment to WordPress, and I hope the project
> continues well into the future.
>
> Thankyou for being part of my life -- both WordPress itself, and the
> community that surrounds it.
>
> Jeremy.

Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org