[wp-hackers] the right hook for custom content

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 15:12:03 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Jennifer Hodgdon <yahgrp at poplarware.com> wrote:
> Austin may be right that you need to flush rewrite rules.

No, what you said before is correct.  Although custom query variables
often involve rewrite rules, they don't necessarily require them, so
the query variable functionality per se does not require one to flush
the rewrite rules.  You would need to flush them once if you're
creating a rewrite rule for that particular custom query variable.