[wp-hackers] Re: Should Monthly Archive Pages ever return 404? (Mike Schinkel)

Dan Fellars danf at eliresearch.com
Mon Mar 9 21:01:12 GMT 2009

Mike - Thanks for bringing this up.  I agree with you.  In fact, I
recently submitted a patch for a similar scenario - but working with
custom taxonomies (http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9269)

I *think* that monthly archives fall under is_tax() and not
is_category() as far as determining what to do with the query, correct?
If that is the case, then it is similar to my ticket.

The difference is that my patch only returns 200 if the term/taxonomy
has posts - or if any child terms have posts.  (I added check on child
terms).

But I would prefer to have it return 200 even if children don't have
posts either.

So basically, if it's a valid term/taxonomy than return 200 even if no
posts.

+1

Dan