[wp-hackers] Should Monthly Archive Pages ever return 404?

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Mon Mar 9 20:27:03 GMT 2009

Yes, that's what he is saying, and I agree entirely.  His comparison
to a calendar say ing 'not found" for June if June doesn't have any
posts is a good one.

If I'm in Outlook (or iCal) and switch to a month that doesn't have
any events listed, should the calendar program tell me that the
*month* is not found?

If going to an archive page that doesn't have any posts, WP should
give us a page that says "no posts for this month", not "there is not
archive page for this month".

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider